This Martin The Martin Committee silver cornet is in very good condition. It has almost all of the original silver finish and has 95%+ of the gold wash bell remaining. The only real signs of wear to the finish are right behind the first valve on the bell throat and on the bottom caps. There is very minor wear on the edge of the bell ring. The serial number is 181314 making it a vintage 1952-1953 horn. There has been dent removal done in the bell by the first valve and into the back bell bow. The second valve finger button is mismatched. The engraving on the bell is clean and crisp it reads “The Martin -Committee-Model- Elkhart-Ind. -U-S-A-” Below the engraving the words “Hamtramck Public Schools” has been added. It comes in a replacement case which is in good condition. No mouthpiece is included.
This is a great playing horn! It has a beautiful round tone and projects very well. The cornet has wonderful intonation and great overtones.
Instrument Condition: The overall physical condition of this used instrument is very good.
Playing Condition: This instrument is currently in excellent playing condition.
It has approximately 98%+ of the silver finish.
It has approximately 95%+ of the gold wash bell finish.
Player Wear: Very light general wear (minor if any surface imperfections).
Valve Condition: All the valves are in good working condition and all of the tuning slides are loose.
Lead Pipe Condition: Light general wear (possible surface scratches and/or minor dents/dings).
Back Bell Bow Condition: Medium general wear (visible lacquer or surface scratches and/or evidence of dent removal/repair).
The Bell: No dents or evidence of bell edge damage.
Bell Dent Removal/Repair: Light evidence.
Bell Diameter Approximately: 4 3/4 inches.
The Mouthpiece: No mouthpiece is included, or other accessories.
The Stand: If pictured, not included.
The Case: Good used condition replacement case (general wear with some edge wear and visible surface scratches).
Engraving: The Martin -Committee-Model- Elkhart-Ind. -U-S-A- (Below the engraving the words “Hamtramck Public Schools” has been added on the bell).